View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: Cake Poker\'s RNG

[ QUOTE ]
But I also believe all RNG's are inherently flawed, because I don't believe a computer program written by a human can truly be 100% random. I think there are still patterns, and Cake's seem to be worse than others. I can't believe how much trouble everyone is having with understanding what I'm saying.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good RNG's are not flawed. They use some physical events, like thermal noise or mouse moves/clicks/etc. by players as input to the generators. As one example, read a description on

http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/features/security/

Even badly written, but honest, random generators won't produce JJ facing higher pairs more often than it should be. 22K hands is a small sample to reach a conclusion about this scenario, but it's large enough to raise a suspicion. So what you really need to do, as other posters suggested, is to ask some friend to write a trivial program to parse your hands and post specific statistics on how many hands you had JJ or QQ and how many times somebody had a higher pair in these hands. You can even do this manually in about an hour using a simple program like notepad.