View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 10:13 AM

Default Re: Cake Poker\'s RNG

[ QUOTE ]
As for how many hands I have actually seen someone with a bigger pocket pair, as I have said, I don't know because I don't have a program to analyze my 22k hands. This is just what I have felt has happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

Seriously, what sort of responses are you looking for? Other people to say, "Yes, I've had that feeling, too"? Or, "No, I've never felt that"?

I'd bet my boots that there are other players on Cake who feel that almost every time they've received JJ they've won, so they think they should always cap on every street, whatever the board.

Until you go through your 22,000 hands and come back here with facts, talking about what you think you've noticed is mainly a pointless exercise.

And, regrettably, even if you could be bothered to go through your hands, such a relatively small sample won't prove anything, either, to be frank. What has already happened over a "few" past hands doesn't necessarily mean that similar apparent anomalies will occur in the future.

By the way, it would seem sensible for all sites to keep a record of all cards dealt, for audit purposes and for checking their deal is random in the long term. I don't see that this should be "secret" information, (assuming the deal is fair). Why not write to them to ask if they will give you the exact numbers for this error you feel you have discovered - that you feel their RNG stops selecting random cards to deal to other players whenever you receive JJ and picks out QQ or KK or AA and gives them to a random player in your 6-handed game? It will be interesting for all of us to read their reply, (even if they don't give you the figures).