Thread: Hi
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2007, 10:31 AM

Default Re: Hi

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
but to put the burden on one part of the political spectrum to police their responses, to squelch their own political views and not have this apply to others feels quite unfair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nobody is being asked to squelch their political views. People are being asked to respect one another. If someone wants to start a thread about raising/cutting taxes it is reasonable to expect that the thread won't be overun with people that want to talk the government being immoral. When your posts contribute nothing to the topic at hand and serve only to cause others to leave they are no longer welcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

RR-

If this is the case, I think it would make more sense if you and [censored] said that you were going to simply enforce that posts stay on topic, in the spirit of the OP. That's a good rule, no complaints there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that's basically what they're saying. If I read the new policy right, ACists can still mention specifically relevant AC ideas in any thread but not introduce the general state/no-state topic itself where it is not already being discussed.