View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 05:46 PM

Default Re: SCKeylogger found - what is next?

[ QUOTE ]
Perhaps I should be more careful. Although I have an encrypted, firewalled router and use Norton internet security (software firewall and AV) as well as SB S&D, I have been known to surf, how can I put it, sites of an adult nature (ahem!) on the PC that I access my bank, neteller and stock portfolios on. Must have been lucky so far...

[/ QUOTE ]

Pr0n sites are a great way to pickup junk if your security isn't up to date. I would recommend using FireFox with the noscript addon and also blocking cookies if your going to be doing any sketchy web surfing. For the true pr0n connoisseur your going to want to be using a separate machine or only websurfing from inside a virtual machine instance (see VMWare) -- when you are done surfing you simply end the VM instance and don't save any changes. Even if you picked up a logger(or whatever) its gone the next time you fire up the VM.

Edited to add: Also many people do routine daily activities on accounts with administrator access. Its a good idea to create a user with limited access and spend most of your time on this account. In XP just go to control panel/user accounts