Thread: Sooo
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2007, 09:00 PM

Default Re: Sooo

basic rule of thumb:

always go broke in a raised pot.

edit: in spots like this i think the original raiser checks the turn a huge % of the time after getting called in 2 spots on this flop. therefore a good player won't go for a CR on the turn especally as it will often shut you out in the middle.
most good players with a set will just call the flop maybe in the hopes that you make a move behind, however when you just call the flop i think good players lead out on the turn.
this way they make you call a bet in between and get you involved in the pot, because if it goes check, check, check its lame, and if the original raiser actually bets again and they CR its pretty hard to get you to tag along.
the odds of set over set are pretty long, so unless he knows you'll only overcall the flop with a set its kind of a risky move.
not saying people won't play a set like this, i just think good players are more prone to leading the turn given the dynamics of the preflop and flop action.
i don't know who the original raiser is and that may be a factor if he's the type to just bomb every street regardless, but if he's not retarded he's checking the turn in this spot with AA like 99.99999% of the time.