View Single Post
Old 11-06-2007, 06:01 PM

Default Re: What About Mukasy\'s Position on Waterboarding?

[ QUOTE ]
He also stated that torture is unconstitutional. What about this position? Is it reasonable

[/ QUOTE ]

Does it matter?

It's a great day in human history when whether or not torture is "unconstitutional" is more than an archaic, trivial legality and actually stands to direct policy: "Hey guys, the Justice Department said they can't find [censored] in the Constitution prohibiting torture -- we're good to go! Get the vices ready!"

[ QUOTE ]
A lot of Democrats seem really worried about waterboarding, not sure why.

[/ QUOTE ]

http://www.newsweek.com/id/51200/page/2

"For instance, there has been considerable press attention to a tactic called "waterboarding," where a prisoner is restrained and blindfolded while an interrogator pours water on his face and into his mouth--causing the prisoner to believe he is being drowned. He isn't, of course; there is no intention to injure him physically. But if you gave people who have suffered abuse as prisoners a choice between a beating and a mock execution, many, including me, would choose a beating. The effects of most beatings heal. The memory of an execution will haunt someone for a very long time and damage his or her psyche in ways that may never heal. In my view, to make someone believe that you are killing him by drowning is no different than holding a pistol to his head and firing a blank. I believe that it is torture, very exquisite torture." - John McCain

But hey, WTF would this clown know about anything like torture, right? Right-wing uber-menches everywhere approve of the practice; only unAmerican Communists and terrorist sympathizers wouldn't torture a Koran-totting Bin-Ladenist if they could.

Frankly, I don't quite understand all this "concern" about waterboarding either! I saw Michelle Malkin is completely okay with it, and the bloggers over at Little Green Footballs and Power Line agree. So really who cares? Mostly just pussy Democrats.

So yeah, I don't get it either, dude. I just don't get it. All this concern about "human rights" and "moral decency"? Completely unfathomable. Don't those Democrats know there are terrorists out there?