View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 02:44 PM

Default Re: Stars VIP Wild speculation

Pokerboy -
First, San Remo should be only $7400...not $11.8k.

The way it is set up now the player gets the expenses included for their 2 land-based tournaments.

So the Monte Carlo package is actually worth around $18k I believe and the WSOP and PCA are both worth $12k I believe.

If you also include the WCOOP final which is $2600 then anyone choosing Monte Carlo gets a total of $32,600 at Elite.

I think you are including the expenses in the package if you want to purchase that. So if I spend E$10k on a WSOP package I am actually getting $12k total or something like that.

But doing it this way I think somebody who chooses a bunch of the smaller APPT or EPT tourneys can end up with way more value by racking up travel and expense cash or something.

Since I think Stars has a greater incentive to promote their brand new APPT perhaps this ends up being a good thing for them. Not sure they want to give away the store though.

I too would like the idea of more flexibility with the land-based tourney options and Scottyy seems somewhat agreeable to some flexibility on this and i think you are on the right track here.

Just pointing out that maybe this will end up encouraging people to rack up the travel and expense dollars in the APPT events or something if you do it this way.