View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 01:31 AM

Default Re: Bill O\'Reilly: Looking Out For You!

[ QUOTE ]
It is reminiscent of when you hear people decry the fact that pretty soon whites won't even be a majority in this country: GASP. Of course, they will also tell you that minorities aren't treated any differently than anyone else leaving me to ponder: why is it a big deal if whites become a minority.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cmon now guys, the politicians aren't making these points about this bill. They're stating that the illegal immigration problem(s) will be solved. I'm fairly certain that many don't believe there's that big of a problem. If it's desirable to stem the flow of illegals, this bill won't do it. If you disagree and believe that it will stem the flow of illegals I'd love to hear why you guys believe so. If stemming the flow of illegals isn't necessary or even desirable that's another issue. I'm fairly certain that many Congressman are simply giving lip service to their desire to "secure the borders" and "stem the flow of illegals" that the proposed immigration bill suppposedly will do. It's politically expediant to support the bill and say that it does those things. Instead, as an alternative, why don't these members of Congress that believe the ideas of "securing the borders" and "stemming the flow of illegals" are warped ideas argue their position and actually enlighten the public. I don't believe for a minute Ted Kennedy, as one example, believes that "securing the borders" and/or "stemming the flow of illegals" is important. My gripe is basically that this "issue" is something that Congress is not being forthcoming about (neither is Bush and I point to his comments the other day which I highlighted) and to me that is outrageous.

And also if one believes that this bill will significantly expand the welfare state (I think there's a good chance it will but I could be convinced otherwise), then that isn't racist at all.