View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 04:28 AM

Default Re: New Degan accounts

All,

In this post Mat wrote
[ QUOTE ]
Apparently this is an admission that you are degen. And even if you are not, you have chosen to be his voice. And his voice isn't welcome on the site. This account will now be banned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think it's pretty clear that he's ban on site. Considering he just ended a post with D, I think he should be banned.

On that note, I really would like the reds to comment further on users being ban-on-sight, in particular guys like degen and evenkeal. It's often the case that we have threads like this that basically go:
OP - I think poster X is an account of Y. Is Y ban-on-sight? Should X be banned?
reply 1 - Yeah he is definately Y. He should be banned.
reply 2 - Definately ban his ass.
reply 3 - Yeah somebody should pull the trigger on this one.
reply 4 - No [censored], how the [censored] is this [censored] not banned yet?
reply 5 - um, shouldn't this guy be banned? It's not in my forum so I don't want to get demodded for breaking rule #1 at least until I score my free books.

and on and on. Seems silly given that every single person is at least implicitly agreeing that he should be banned, and yet nobody has done it yet. Obviously that includes me. Getting something a bit more formal setup to determine who is ban on sight would be good. It would be great if Mat or Ryan would start a new thread with the current list (including at least IP locations or something like that would be extremely helpful) as well as some guideline. I think Ryan said something once about the mod doing the banning being allowed to make the poster BOS but I don't remember it going much further.

Jared