View Single Post
Old 10-29-2007, 04:07 PM

Default Re: General Halo tips and tricks

I think using grenades well is the number one thing new players should try to get good at. A well-placed frag can:
- ensure that you take your opponent with you when you know you're on the losing end of a fight
- guarantee an easy kill before a fight starts by knocking an enemy down to the point where one or two BR shots = dead
- finish off an opponent who ducks around a corner after taking damage to regenerate shields

Plasmas also have their use. I played Halo 2 for a long time and I still don't really know

Has anyone found any use whatsoever for spike grenades? I've found them completely useless except for trying to stick people with.

Also, I look at the radar almost as much as I look at the rest of my screen. Knowing where opponents might be around you is SO SO important because if someone gets the drop on you, you're dead if you don't get to cover first, and if you get the drop on someone, you should be able to kill them easily. Putting yourself in situations where you have the advantage in these spots will help out a ton.