Thread: Razz Heads Up
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Razz Heads Up

No no no... I beg your pardon. Probably I did not explained myself in a decent way (maybe cause my english): if I had no respect for people that write here I was not here during the night (cause I am in europe) posting hands of a game that I would like to learn reading advice from these kind of people about you wrote (cause in my case "learn" is more appropriate then "improve").

I wrote about the fact that I tried to analyze my hands (I post a horrible hand few days ago) but I think it is quite tough for me to give informations cause I don't think I have good feelings to estimate in a decent way my opponents in this game (which is almost completely new to me) and if you don't have it I suppose is difficult to say something about HU.
So, if I woudl read questions about my opponents or his tendencies I would find very difficult to writ something clear and usefull.

I hope I explained what I wanted to write in the past post.

About the hands, this is a hand I played few minutes ago that I found interesting and (I am quite sure) full of mistakes.
About the opponents, really I have no clear ideas: I think he played in the way in which I usually played, which is stealing ante, winning small and loosing big pots. In this HU I decided to play just good hands and no garbage cause I was sure that my opponents would be something like a CS (as I am probably).

Tournament - Razz (15/30), Ante 2, Bring-In 5 (converter)

Seat 1: 1,500
Hero: 1,500

3rd Street - (0.27 SB)

Vil 1: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls

4th Street - (2.27 SB)

Vil 1: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___bets

5th Street - (2.13 BB)

Vil 1: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___raises___raises
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls

6th Street - (10.13 BB)

Vil 1: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___bets___raises___calls
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises___raises

River - (18.13 BB)

Vil 1: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

Total pot: (20.13 BB)

Results (in white):<font color="white">

Total pot 604

Vil 1: [6d 5c 4h Qd 7h Jh As] (Lo: 7,6,5,4,A)

</font>

PS: this last HU told me something about my way of thinking about HU. I was usually really frightened to be killed by ante stealing so I tried to do the same but, in this last HU, I found that waiting for good hands and not playing like a maniac that try to steal every possible small pot is better. That's way I wrote in the past post about starting hands.