View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 03:23 PM

Default Re: Getting mini raised on the flop with a vulnerable hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I'm continuing, I call and CRAI on turns like this (folding on A, 2, 4, 5, and 6).

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a decent plan and I add fold on a 7.

[/ QUOTE ]

Problem with this line is that it virtually forces him to play perfectly against you, unless you think you can get an unknown off TT+, which I don't.

Which isn't necessarily a fatal problem, but it does mean you better be real confident he's firing again with a bunch of worse hands.

And I don't really see how you can have that read here.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is a turncard he's likely to fire on alot with semi-bluffs he raised on the flop. And even if you say he doesn't know we don't have Qx, why would he ever suspect we have? A Q in our range wouldn't make any sense at all.

Ime people that min-raise the flop with semi-bluffs/bluffs tend to view a call as weakness and be happy to fire another bullet on the turn (often a big one), esp on a scare card. I see this line a ton.

Now we don't know this guy is likely to min-raise the flop with bluffs, but the only likely hands we're behind is set/65 and maybe JJ/TT. That's a pretty tight range so I think an unknowns range consists of enough bluffs, semi-bluffs or worse made hands to crai.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then why wait till the turn? What is wrong with 3betting and stacking off on this flop?