View Single Post
Old 10-31-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Taj floor decision 2/5 nl

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KITN for dealer for not running the game properly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, 11 people at the table, nobody notices the problem until it's too late...but let's blame the dealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, last time I checked the dealer was the only one that was being paid to maintain the accuracy and legitimacy of the game, so yea, I would say that it is the dealer's fault.

[/ QUOTE ]

The dealer's job is to deal the cards and call the floor if there is a dispute. I would say the dealer should keep his mouth shut if a pot is heads up (heads up on the side counts as heads up) and the two players involved want to bet their money. It would appear the dealer is the only one that got it right. But hey, let's blame the dealer because he is the one sitting there that isn't allowed to defend themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, but am I wrong in my opinion that the dealer's job is to run the game properly?

I agree that the money should have went into the pot since the two players heads up wanted to put all their money in, my point was the dealer should have taken the time to make sure that a raise is allowed in that situation (which it wasn't). If the dealer had done that, they obviously would have got all the money in on the river anyways and there wouldn't even be this discussion.