View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 08:10 PM

Default Re: lol bet/foldaments

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Teach me. I'm such a tilt monster.

[/ QUOTE ]

for me, it's really simple. i see poker as a series of moves that are either profitable or unprofitable. each decision (or sometimes a series of decisions) either makes money or doesnt. i have a really cold, analytical approach to the game, and pretty much always try to keep my emotions of it.

somehow, i usually do this without coming off as a douchebag (i hope) to the table.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're willing to continue engaging me on this concept I think it could be of great value to the forum.

I see the game largely the same way. I think of poker as one decision at a time, and each decision needs to have positive long term expectation. I'm not much of a math guy, but through experience and past study I can approximate my decisions. I'm analytical but not in mathematical way because I'm simply not capable of the higher level stats. My difficulty comes in keeping my emotions out of it.

Generally what happens in a session is this. The first few beats don't bother me. I literally laugh them off; it doesn't affect me or how I play, I believe. Then I take one more and start to get a little uncomfortable. Then I take one more and that's it, the wheels have come off. I get up and leave then, of course, but I didn't used to.

I feel that I should have more control over my emotions than this. Getting up and leaving after taking 5 or 6 [censored] beats just should not affect me that much. What I have been in search of is a way to control my emotions, not a new way to fundamentally view the game.