View Single Post
Old 10-16-2007, 12:55 AM

Default Re: lolz super accountz

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The guy who was on the same IP as the user 363 had his email set to an email that is hosted by Kahnawake Gaming

[/ QUOTE ]

I think your sitting on something huge, yes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you clarify something for us with less tech knowledge? Just what is it that's HOSTED by Kahnawake? Does the fact that his email address is "hosted" mean that the servers are physically located there? If so, is this really as big a dramabomb as many people think it is?

Let me explain what I'm asking, and then feel free to either give further explanation or dispel what I'm saying entirely: pokersitescout.com shows the "Server Location" for every poker site. SEVERAL are located in Kahnawake, including not only Absolute/UB, but also PokerStars, FTP, Everest, Bodog and others. So Kahnawake isn't just the location of this "shell" regulatory commission, but it's actually the physical location of the servers for a ton of the biggest online poker sites.

(p.s. i've actually called them up; as far as i can tell, the entire KGC is 3 people, as listed on their website at http://www.kahnawake.com/gamingcommission/ , David Montour (Chairperson), Melanie Mayo, and Kevin Kennedy.)

So the fact that the email address of one of the mysterious matching IP addresses appears to be hosted there isn't all that huge, is it? e.g. my first reaction was "ZOMG, does this mean that Kahnawake is somehow in on this!??", but isn't it possible that poker sites not only have their gaming servers up there (the reason that often many of the big sites go down at once), but ALSO that they host their email accounts from there? (I'm sorry if I wasn't as elegant as I would have liked in that description...I'm not well-versed in this stuff.)

In short, while this corroborates the premise that this was an inside job, does the email account being hosted there point to any NEW parties that might be involved or not?