View Single Post
Old 11-19-2007, 02:20 AM

Default Re: Why do none of the 3/6 and 5/10 full ring players post here?

I'd love to see a split into a medium/high stakes FR forum and a low stakes FR forum. The low stakes would be micro limits up to NL100 or maybe NL200. And the other forum would be higher than NL200.

I also think it would allow for more live posts that wouldn't stick out like sore thumbs in the medium stakes forum.

Here's a good example of a post that would do better in a mid-stakes FR forum than the current MSNL forum. But the poster is new and didn't realize where the FR forum fits in, so he tried to just go by the stakes.

Refresh my memory on simple decision, $2/$5 NL live

It's not a great, thought-provoking post, but it's a common situation in live 5/5 games that's worth a little better advice than "LOL" and ridicule. About the best he'll get in MSNL is ignored. If he's lucky, he might get a sentence about "push or fold."

Since the game in that post is playing 9-handed with a mix of short and deep stacks between $150 and $500-$1000+ the hand doesn't really belong mixed in with a micro-limits forum even if the concepts involved aren't terribly complicated. Therefore, a separate forum would be nice.