View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 12:03 AM

Default Re: this is your war on drugs

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm surprised that your passion on this issue is only a 3. I cant think of many more obvious, crucial problems that could INSTANTLY solve so many problems as stopping the War on Drugs. Getting worked up over abortion, gun laws, pretty much everything else we talk about, is FAR less important than ending the war on drugs. Prisons instantly become less crowded. Billions of dollars are saved. And thats without even getting into POTENTIAL positives like, say, drug use going down or becoming safer. After the war in Iraq, there really arent many bigger issues than this. You mention all those negatives in your first paragraph almost as if in passing but those are pretty huge IMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm totally unconcerned as to whether drug usage goes up or goes down, and I'm even more unconcerned about drug usage becoming safer. Most of the reason I'm wavy about drug legalization is that, as I stated in my first post, I want the US welfare system dismantled, and when I say dismantled, I mean leveled, nuked, gone from American existence.

Then, my passion for dismantling the drug laws will go to about 9.

As to the "prisons becoming less crowded", as stated, I have little reason to doubt most who would be released if all the drug laws went away tomorrow would soon be back for other offenses.

[/ QUOTE ]

Like what? You mentioned Al Capone, and his other illegal activities. What were those? Gambling? Drugs? I mean, what are these drug users going to be doing and why do you think they'd all (or even a huge percentage of them) be back in jail for other offenses?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, Capone did gun down seven people with automatic weapons with their backs turned, and no I don't give a [censored] if he wasn't indicted. I've read the FBI reports, and formed my own conclusions from that. Mob history is a passion of mine.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, why dont you include the drug war as part of the welfare state? Its basically the same impetus. People are too stupid to take care of themselves they need the government to protect them. Its just the vinegar, whereas most welfare is the honey.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I've stated, if you want to end both similtaneously, I say lets do it. The truth is, I'd instantly call you an idiot if you were to tell me you honestly belief that illegal drug use is not higher amongst those on welfare than the rest of American society. Just from that alone, you can make the assumption that drug usage is already costing the working American public money.