View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 02:48 AM

Default Re: Shannon Shorr thinking of quitting ...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shorr is a classic example of learning through success; I have several friends who went down a similar path and are now broke or close to it. The guy was a breakeven SNG player for a very long time, went nuts in a few MTTs and all of a sudden he views himself as one of the best. A lot of others fit this mold.

A reputable source told me that he would play high stakes chinese poker and overlook straight flush royalties. He may be a nice guy and cool, but he has far too many leaks in his game/lifestyle to be complaining so adamantly. I have no sympathy for a guy who has run better than 99% of us and now thinks the games are unbeatable. Once he joins reality again I predict he'll take a different view.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you arguing hearsay about Shannon's Chinese Poker game, correlate to his actual poker skill?

[/ QUOTE ]

If actually true, which I believe it is, then yes. And not just skill, but discipline in life.

Why go off and play high stakes Chinese Poker (when you're obviously -EV in it) when there's plenty of good games available, then complain about how 'poker has changed' when you start to go on a downswing, get lazy, and overspend on other things in life?

He may be a nice guy, but it really grates on me when people who have won quite a few 7-8 figure coinflips in life start going off about how poker is unbeatable when they're just too stupid and lazy to master the game. If you ever see me win a WPT or WSOP event then hear me complain about how bad I run or how poker is unbeatable, then I would expect nothing less than getting flamed.