View Single Post
Old 08-25-2007, 12:56 PM

Default Re: List of eWallets for Canadians (#2 of 2)

Just a word about usemybank,

I created in ipoker account and tried to deposit using usemybank. My account got flagged by security because I tried to deposit too much, so then they set a limit for me at $380.

It was pretty quick. If you ever use online banking it's like logging into your online banking account. I was really hesitant to use it at first because I'm not so crazy about logging in with my real account usename and password.

I gave it a shot and it worked. Anyways, here's where it gets interesting. Firstly I'm with Royal Bank. When I tried to use it again the next day, I could no longer log in to my online banking by usemybank. Sure enough I went into my online banking's website to log in and I was locked out (!!!) and was not allowed to change my password.

I had to call my bank's CS support to find out what was going on. They couldn't give me any answers just that I could reset my password. Okay..... I still don't know if it was my bank who flagged me for trying to make a deposit to online poker.

There's more. When you try paying by Usemybank, they charge you the current exchange rate PLUS another 4% on top of that. For me to deposit $380, I had to pay $419 CAD which was 1.10 exchange rate when it should be 1.05.

There's more, on my account statement it says $419 was DEPOSITED first into my account and then a withdrawal of $419 was made. So now I'm completely clueless as to what happened. No money actually left my account yet, do I get billed? or did my bank make a mistake? I'm still confused about it.