View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 01:25 AM

Default Re: 25 NL Button

Hand 1) I think you really said it all yourself. I guess you're hoping to hit a 10 or J even though we don't know if they're good. I would have to fold here. Classic throwing good money after bad it seems. Even his bluff is probably ahead.

Hand 2) I think a fold on this flop isn't a bad idea. I know you feel this guy's a bad player, but those are the ones who have a tendancy to bet what they have. I'd believe him and go to the next hand.

Hand 3) I think you may be right about the overkill, but not in the way you may think. I like the bet here, and I would want to set him all in too. Don't let them catch up for the right price now. The only difference is I would merely bet his remaining stack instead of going all in. Now I know to you and I it's the same, but to some of these donks at these limits, you going all in with your whole stack is way scarier than if you just bet the $6 that puts him all in. It's stupid, but so are they. I like your play.

Hand 4) I like everything about this one. You raise 4xbb+1 for the limper, and the button cold calls, heads up to the flop. Now this is really all about how you play. For me, I c-bet relentlessly, so I'm going to here also. I don't like to slow play my big hands. I want a big pot, and to do that I have to build one. So I'm betting here hoping someone pays for the ride. If not, so be it, I take down yet another pot.