View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 03:39 PM

Default Re: The Myth of Meaning

[ QUOTE ]
You have to tell us what you think adds meanng to your life. For many people "feeling loved" does add meaning.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're under the radar.
I'm trying to deal with the 'no real scotsman' statement by theists " the only REAL meaning comes from god loving you" or some such.
If they are conceding that meaning in life comes from other sources, np, and who needs It then.
How does all the meaningless things that give meaning to my life get erased when I get message, " I am the great and powerful Oz, I have built you and set you on a mission, I can't tell you what it is, but I love you .... here's two extra helping of REAL meaning to last you til dinner".
again, there are many christian versions of god, for example, some say he can't do logically impossible things, others say he can. Could either of those gods add meaning? What limitations on a god would still make him powerful enough to add meaning?
( I'm using that approach to see if there is a trigger level where 'presto' meaning is added because you are the love child of a sufficiently powerful overlord).

luckyme