View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 06:26 AM

Default Re: RYANCMU teaches struggling NL50 and NL100 players

A common situation I found troubling when I first started at 100NL was holding an overpair or like an AK that hits and then having my c-bet min raised. especially when I'm out of position. Obviously, there are a lot of variables that go into a situation like this, but maybe you could talk about some of the things you analyze in such a situation.

For example lets say its folded to you in MP and you raise with QcQs (you have a solid tag image), you are called by the button (100bb deep, same as you and you have his stats at 12/10/2.5 and no other reads) and everyone else folds. Flop comes 4c8cTd, you lead for 3/4 on the pot and he min-raises you. It isn't uncommon at SSNL for a player to min-raise a set like this, it's also not uncommon for a player to be 'feeler' raising you with like AT, JJ or 99, additionally they could be raising with a flush or straight draw trying to slow you down/maybe pick up the pot here or at least get you to give them a free river. To me, these are the types of decisions on how to proceed that separate the better players from the good ones.