Old 10-09-2007, 11:29 AM

Default Re: ALCS - Indians vs Red Sox

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sox in 6

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe 5. LOL Byrd, LOL Borowski.

[/ QUOTE ]

What will be awesome: In 2008 Borowski becomes a starter and wins 23 games (see Carmona's 2006 closer numbers).

Here is what I (an Indians fan) think:
This is a very good matchup between two teams. Schilling owns the Indians. I don't think they've ever been able to hit him. Here's how I see the teams:

Bos lineup vs. Cle lineup - edge Boston. They have 8 good hitters and JD Drew. If JD Drew becomes the hero of the ALCS, I will [censored] puke.

Bos SP v. CLE SP - Edge - CLE. Each team has two aces that are, for all purposes, even. however, Westbrook and Byrd are slightly better than Dice-K and Wakefield.

BOS Bullpen vs. CLE Bullpen - Edge - CLE. Aside from Borowski, CLE has three lights out relievers.

I can't quite get my mind around having four starts from Sabathia and Carmona and the Indians not winning at least three of those. so that leaves 1 CC/Carmona start, two from Westbrook and one from Byrd (probably). So in my mind, the Indians have to win just one of those games, which I think is very likely. Of course, Boston has to be thinking the same thing with Schilling and Beckett (how do they not win the four games those pitchers start???).

I think the Indians in six with the breakdown as follows:

Boston - games 1 and 4

Cleveland - Games 2, 3, 5, and 6.

CLE Starters - 1 - CC (nerves are starting to show. I also wonder if he is feeling pressure to perform in the postseason to get a huge contract in 08).

2 - Carmona - he has pitched well against Boston this year.

3 - Westbrook (yeah, I am picking them to win this game, because I will be there. That's pretty much why. Still, Westbrook has his moments.)

4 - Byrd - Watching Paul Byrd pitch any game is like having sex with an ex-girlfriend, it's a little awkward and nervous, you have moments of confliction and doubt, and it might feel good at times, but you're never really happy about it.

5 - CC (assuming the Indians make it to game 5, CC will rebound)

6 - Carmona (Cleveland fans will totally go Book of Exodus and buy swamrs of locusts.)

-AA