View Single Post
Old 08-28-2007, 01:10 PM

Default Re: hypothetically speaking of course

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you know, I just watched this show on the travel channel, called buried treasures or something like that (dont remember the actual name) and the host would spend one episode about searching for buried treasure. One of these shows was searching for meteorites. It was awesome...you can find out if it is a real metorite usually, by getting a set of rare earth magnets and seeing if they stick, they are wroth about 40$ a lb to 1000$/gram.

[/ QUOTE ]

I go to a lot of gem/jewelry shows with my gf(she makes jewelry) and there's one guy that's always there selling meteorite stuff. Some of it is quite expensive. He's connected with that guy in some way. There's definitely a chance that this thing is worth something, if it's actually a meteorite. Obviously it depends on what type it is.

I would hunt around the internet a little bit and try to find those guys. They could probably give you an idea of its value.

Definitely yours btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

does your gf have any "sun stones" (i think thats the name), there is a place up in the northwest where you can "mine" for it for free, and this stuff is fairly pricy itself. people do nothing other than pay an entrance fee to this mine area and make 2 to 5k/week selling this stuff.