View Single Post
Old 07-25-2007, 01:33 PM

Default News Flash: Elaine gives Ed\'s new book 5 stars

Review posted on Amazon:

[ QUOTE ]

(5 Stars) Professional No Limit Hold'Em Must Be Excellent, July 24, 2007
By Elaine Vigneault - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
Based on the reviews from others on the poker forums, I have to assume the book is great. Here's what they had to say:

"I've read through the Basics chapters and have to say I am impressed so far. It is concise enough not to be a chore and still contains a lot of good information. I have high hopes for the rest of the book..."

"A lot of the information in this book has not been seen in such a user friendly format in any of the bazillion poker books I have read. This is a very high quality book with critical concepts for mastering 'stack limit' holdem I can already give this book a wayyyyyyyyyy thumbs up and I still have half left to read."

"I really did learn a ton from the second half of the book, which will hopefully make me lots of money in the future."

"This book will do a good job of helping to turn marginal players into successful ones. The ideas presented of REM, commitment, and stack to pot ratios do an excellent job of describing how to eliminate some huge flaws I have seen in other players. As a mid limit pro, I was already aware of these concepts in a vague form, but as described they really helped me understand them in theory and practice."

If you're considering this book, you may also want to take a look at these other Ed Miller books:
No Limit Hold 'em: Theory and Practice
Small Stakes Hold 'em: Winning Big With Expert Play
Getting Started in Hold 'em

[/ QUOTE ]

Tacky [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]