View Single Post
Old 11-21-2007, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Party Poker, $1/$2 NL Hold\'em Cash Game, 6 Players

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Shoves

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? What does he call the flop with that we're still ahead of that calls the turn?

If we're going to get it in, we might as well check and get it in on the river right?

[/ QUOTE ]

What's he shoving that we beat if we check? So you're c/f turn and betting river if checked to?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the spot is tough. My point is this though, if you want to get it all in the middle and we're behind, then it doesn't matter if we push on the turn or river. However, if we're ahead on the Turn... what hands does the Villain likely have? AQ, JJ, TT... All of these hands have to be scared of the King on the turn. So why should be bet it, if we're somewhat more likely to get another bet out of the Villain if we check behing on the turn?

As for what to do on the turn if we bet, we obviously have to call. What to do if we check behind on the turn and Villain pushes??? I'm not sure. Do you think Villain would ever turn a hand like TT into a bluff here? Does he ever push-value bet AQ? But to be honest, I think we could fold against a straight foward player.