View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: What do you want/where do you want to live when you are retired?

[ QUOTE ]
What's retirement???

[/ QUOTE ]

I got it backwards. From age 18 or so I traveled some, spent summers on the beach working in beach bars and fishing, spent winters in Colorado ski country working nights, partying till dawn and skiing 100 days a year. Basically I partied my arse off for 15 years.
My retirement ended abruptly upon having my first child at age 35. I now must work till I die. Fortunately I love my work.
Lack of financial planning aside, I am glad I took this path. I can no longer physically do what I did at that age, my knee will not play sports as much, When I ski I see a mogul field and my mind goes wahoo!!! around the third bump my legs go " we are done for the day, you will fall down now".
My children benefited hugely from my maturity ( all things are relative), but in my 20's I wasn't wise enough to be raising kids.

It is kind of like going out to dinner and having dessert first. Which I have been known to do. Especially at a buffet, you can wait in the long lines for food or skip to the dessert table....