View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 08:34 PM

Default Re: adjusting from full ring to 6max

[ QUOTE ]
Adjusting is not possible as it's a sort of a completely different game than full ring, though I adjusted from shothanded limit holdem to shorthanded no-limit holdem in a way that I had a preflop strategy that was from basic parts a step or two tighter, that's all, but I had to create a new flop strategy (position, flop type, lead or not, heads up, three ways, hand type), and turn and river.

Just the same things one needs to do between limit full ring and limit shorthanded, just that adjusting preflop will be as simple as thinking that e.g. 2 off the button in a full ring game is the same as 3 off the button in a shorthanded game (the button hands in a full ring game are played from one off the button in a shorthanded game), the big blind is similarly looser when calling (or reraising) as the raiser will have a step or in practise maybe two steps looser hands as the full ring game players below high limits are often too tight, though the middle limit shorthanded games can be overly tight too.

[/ QUOTE ]

i disagreed with most of this as well fwiw

I think smalls points about playing in the blinds and steal situations for players coming from full ring is the only real adjustment. If u were a great full ring player ud already be great at playing those situations so u wouldnt have to adjust much if any, however most full ring players are nits and arent forced to play those more marginal steal/defense spots which are often tough decisions and account for lots of variance so most players in full ring avoid them. This is often why they play full ring, to avoid being put in those spots constantly which u just cant avoid in short handed since ur forced to face them often.