View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 01:29 PM

Default Re: adjusting from full ring to 6max

Adjusting is not possible as it's a sort of a completely different game than full ring, though I adjusted from shothanded limit holdem to shorthanded no-limit holdem in a way that I had a preflop strategy that was from basic parts a step or two tighter, that's all, but I had to create a new flop strategy (position, flop type, lead or not, heads up, three ways, hand type), and turn and river.

Just the same things one needs to do between limit full ring and limit shorthanded, just that adjusting preflop will be as simple as thinking that e.g. 2 off the button in a full ring game is the same as 3 off the button in a shorthanded game (the button hands in a full ring game are played from one off the button in a shorthanded game), the big blind is similarly looser when calling (or reraising) as the raiser will have a step or in practise maybe two steps looser hands as the full ring game players below high limits are often too tight, though the middle limit shorthanded games can be overly tight too.