View Single Post
Old 01-21-2005, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Evaluating Sites/Levels/Games and Tables.

[ QUOTE ]
1. You can't argue that I'm out of line worrying about being isolated by the TA when that is rare and then turn around and make this argument.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? They have nothing to do with eachother. Maybe you're misunderstanding my statement. I said isolate raise you OUT of the pot. I'm not going to be isolated myself by the TAG very often because if there are no limpers I will be open raising or more likely folding most of the time.

[ QUOTE ]
2. If you are in LP with a good multiway hand with a good, multiway pot, you can call cold when the TA raises--the large pot and great potential of your hand means that you are no longer in a marginal situation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Limping after several others limp knowing it *may* be raised behind you is considerably safer than calling cold hoping the bad players will call cold. Once again, I don't disagree with your logic, but I'd MUCH rather be in my version of the situation than yours - i.e. playing a lot of hands against weak opponents with position.

Admittedly, those times the TAG comes in behind me he has position on me, but I think I'm a good player and whatever edge he has on me is more than made up for by the HUGE edge I exert on the weak players that I have position on.

[ QUOTE ]
3. The only thing having the TA in the seat on the left buys you is the ability to check to him when he isolates you and then raise to build the pot (or bet into him to protect your hand). This is not as great as it sounds, because you sacrifice control of the hand to do this.

[/ QUOTE ]

While you may give up position when you share pots, the main point of having early position on the TAG is that you control the GAME by being able to raise first and isolate yourself with position on weak opponents. Calling cold is almost always wrong (IMO) so you force the TAG to play only re-raising hands or make a mistake or fold. Sounds good to me.

[ QUOTE ]
4. If you are instead to his left, you have the option to raise in order to protect your hand or call to build the pot. If you know that the players behind you will call 2 cold, you can raise anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Very true, but assuming they're the weak players, it's actually him I want to protect my hand against, not them. Put them in front of me so I can raise him out, not the players who will pay me off.