View Single Post
Old 10-07-2007, 06:25 PM

Default Re: CFB Early Lines Thread (week of 10/8)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Vandy didn't compete very well against Alabama or Auburn, and UGA is probably better than both.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're half right. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, UGA beat Bama at Bama, and Auburn still lost to Mississippi State (!) and South Florida, at home. I don't put much into this week's UGA/UT blowout - Tennessee blocked a punt, got a long TD on a trick play, and by that time it was out of hand.

I'm no UGA fanboy - I think they're pretty mediocre - but they're no worse than a push with Bama/Auburn, who both easily handled Vandy - that's the only point I was making.

Weren't you extremely pessimistic about Auburn's chances against Mississippi State? Did they like make some sort of trade or something since then that has changed your perspective? Of course they've been playing better, but I don't see what is fundamentally different about them - they have Lester but are also minus Groves - annnnnnd they still have Brandon Cox!

Edit: Well, it does look like a fairly dominant performance by Tennessee in the box score, but having watched the first 20 minutes or so, it just seemed like things really snowballed on UGA. I'm not massively re-evaluating them downward or UT upward.