View Single Post
Old 02-21-2007, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Blind war, small PP OOP against a LAG

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
My problem with 3-betting and leading the turn, and folding (if I fold), I've invested one small bet less than c/c'ing the whole way, and allowed him to possibly bluff me out. Also, if he has nothing but air, I've stopped inducing stupid bluffs.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why I have pretty much removed that line from my game, but you play better than me so I wanted to get some insight as to how you would apply it as your original post lead me to believe you may be in favor of that line in this spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of players that will throw in a token flop raise here with overs or whatever, check the turn, and fold the river UI or maybe call with a weak ace if they just called in the BB with it. Or they might raise the flop, bet the turn UI, but then give up on the river reading me for a weak ace and figuring I'll call again.

Against those I might keep up the aggression, knowing that I can be counterfeited at any time, and want to get them out on the turn if possible, as they'll probably have 10 outs to beat me on the river.

Against laggier opponents that might read my flop 3bet as posturing, and who are much more likely to bet the river unimproved or cap the flop with their overs and gutshot (or 7, or 6, or god knows what else) I prefer a different get-to-showdown line.

Given that my opponents lately have been of the laggier variety, I don't do the flop 3bet/lead line that often, actually, as it's sooo easy to induce bluffs with these guys.