View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007, 05:09 AM

Default Re: LO8 river bluff CR

[ QUOTE ]
As I still play that game, I'm getting close to the line as to how much more advice, right or wrong, I feel it is sane to share. What I would add:

1. In that game, it would not be unlikely to see many more hands than a low draw calling to the river. And most of these will be pair or better.
2. People will put you on a nut low by your actions, minus the check raise, and are thereby likely to bet the river.
3. What hands do you make him fold by check raising, that you don't think you make him fold by betting, or don't bluff catch by calling with the nut no pair?

gl

bdd

[/ QUOTE ]

Resp:

1) How many of these are strong enough to bet the river for value? When I check here, I'm supposed to have a junky missed low draw, so why bet a medium-to-weak hand for value when I likely am either calling to snap a bluff or have less of a hand myself?

2)Again, if they put me on a bricked low draw, what's the point in betting the river?

3) I think he cks behind most of his bluff-catchers and bets the bottom range of hands that are beating me (and some chops) as a "bluff." These are the hands I'm hoping to fold. Any worse hand, I get an extra bet from letting him bluff.