View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 03:54 PM

Default Re: In what order should I read these books? Any must-reads missing?

A reply for the hard to respond to question:

I have read over half of these books. Study is more important than reading. I didn't understand SSHE until I had been through it three times. It might be useful to do a quick read of many of the technical books so you know what is in them and then refer back as needed, when you want to concentrate on a particular area.

You received a very diverse group. The non-technical ones are Zen, Tao and POP. They will help you with Tilt, if you can disciplin yourself to follow the advice.

I'd start with SSHE, probably the best limit book around, because of the information on flop texture reading and counting outs. HAP is much older, harder to read and a bit dated. Postpone that one until later.

For No Limit, NLHT&P is great, keep it high on the list followed by Vol. 1 HOH which is also somewhat applicable to cash NL games. Haven't read PNLHE but I hear it is good.

TOP is classic, and contains concepts applicable to all forms of poker believe it or not. Take some time reading this one.

TPAP is tournament advice for people proficient at cash games and expounds on the additional concepts applicable to tournaments.

HOH has tons of problems to work through, take a while to learn this material.

I can't comment on Sammy's Omaha book as I have not read it, but I intend to.

As for bankroll management, there should be some threads here, but I can't remember where exactly. The formulas are pretty simple.