View Single Post
Old 06-28-2007, 07:57 AM

Default Revisiting the Forum Split Idea

About a month ago, diebitter suggested that perhaps a forum split would be good for us. The forum was pretty much split on the split.

After thinking about it further, I think it might be in our best interest. Here's why:

I think if we split both forums would have enough traffic. I can't remember exactly, but aren't we doing really well traffic-wise compared to the other forums?

Full ring no-limit Hold 'Em is just as popular as 6max if you look at the total # of players and not at # of tables. I was actually just looking at this on Poker Site Scout. In fact, I'm not even sure why we a re called "full ring" and there is nothing in their name depicting them as a short-handed forum. Weird.

Considering the above, the short-handed players break down into 4 forums. We only have 1?

I don't know if high stakes/medium stakes still cover both full and short-handed play. But I have noticed medium+ stakes players posting here (such as Renton and Phresh and others).

Also, consider that the game plays quite differently from uNL to SSNL.

So I think we should consider splitting into uNL (up to and including $25) and SSNL (50NL-400NL).