View Single Post
Old 08-16-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: multiaccounters caught?

[ QUOTE ]
"So it's okay to deceive people? It's okay for someone to use the account of a player whose style you are well acquainted with, whom you've played many times before, not volunteer he is not in fact that player and proceed to steamroll you heads up playing an entirely different game?"

I think this is such an unavoidable consequence of online poker that it's almost pointless to engage in a debate about its ethics. Personally I wouldn't do it.

I think it's different to do what HIV/Tongi did to Gilfwulf, and tell him he was playing one person when he was playing another than do what people do with the PeachyMer account, where nobody seriously pretends that it's Peachy using the account when it's playing 200/400.

My bigger point is that running multiple horses in the same MTT, and potentially having them at the same table is a far greater abuse of the system than account sharing, and that they shouldn't be discussed in the same context.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think people realize that when non-poker playing people (i.e. people making laws, and people voting for those people making laws) hear about this, they think it's cheating. All of it. You will never convince these people it's okay to:
Have more than one person to a screen ID
Have one person to multiple screen IDs (even if they're not in the same [censored] tournament).
Buy someone's position in a tournament, and take over.
Stake multiple "idiots" then take over for the idiot that is faring the best.
Have a player helping another player (more than one player to a hand).

Obviously, some of these are not rule breakers because the sites can't enforce them....but the non-poker playing public (which includes voters and lawmakers) DOESN'T CARE!!!!

So, stop with this [censored] about things being okay because they can't be stopped. Damn it, I'm so sick of you people that condone what you consider "small offenses" like account sharing. You're delusional pigs.