View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 03:46 PM

Default Might be losing my Job , but know interviewee. Whats my play?

I am a slacker, I freely admit it. So my job performance, sometimes it slacks too. When I do my job most people will tell you I am one of the top techs they know (most problems big or small I can handle with out issue) but more recently I was slacking extra hard and I was written up. I didn’t make a big deal of it and have been working to improve.

However today I look at my supervisor’s calendar ( I check it regularly for conflicts etc in our days off and such) and tomorrow he’s got an interview with a guy who used to work with me at former place. Hess a total moron and was fired for lack of brain cells (basically he blew up every PC he touched) total F- up. This is all beside the point.

They’d have to be total dummy’s not to read that my old company is on his resume. I know they are going to try to have him avoid me I am sure.

So what’s my play here? I know exactly what time this guys going to be downstairs I can “walk past” reception (its on my way to other things so its not like this would be out of my way) and blow up there spot? Do I do nothing and keep this to my self? Do I mention to my boss I was checking his Calendar and “I know the guy who’s here tomorrow, why is he coming?”

Things that haven’t happened – I have not been told “we might need to find someone else” yet. In my write up I was told a reevaluation is done every month (scheduled for Fri btw) and if by the years end we haven’t made head way we may need to take other actions. I have also never been told they were trying to hire me a helper (something I asked for as sometimes I could use one)
So OOT I ask you what to do…

PS Please don’t post “get to work slacker” or “LOL at this posting in OOT during work hours” these are obviously being worked on and I am not actually posting as much ,
I need to know what I should do with the nugget of info I have regarding tomorrows interviewee