View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 10:07 AM

Default Re: Low limit stud says it\'s correct to complete the bring in....

SG

"Ok, thanks for the comments. Do you play it the same way with split JJ?"

The OP uses 2/4 as an example, so its a situation where I like to mix it up. But its about 80/20 limp. This could change based on my position to the "whale(s)" or any fish playing. But I'm basicly reversing strategies here, which I believe is DS's recommendations for loose games. These are "play more hands" and "keep the early betting down". 2/4 is the lowest I play online, and it works. Knock-out games are different, MUCH different.

dsaxtion

"Low limit players rarely put you on anything accurately, and even when they do, they still make mistakes."

Again 2/4 here. Agree that SOME players have no handreading skills, but not all. Including myself, at least 3 players have an excellent awareness of whats going on on any given 2/4 table. And all it takes is just 1. If you have any experience with online stud over the last 5 years, you know the stud population is getting smaller. The excellent players win and play at any game available now. Hell, Andy plays at 1/2 with Red D, as well as a lot of other excellent posters. And their mistakes are limited, thus the "almost perfect play". At these limits my motto is "Cheap fold or Biggie Pot". 19-1 is nice when it hits, but lets wait until it does. 2/4 is still a game of getting an extra bet when you have the goods and saving a bet when they have the goods. 2/4 is the lowest for me and it works for me. And I love playing hands almost perfectly.

Cee

"way different". How so????