View Single Post
Old 11-11-2007, 07:44 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any flush is certainly among those hands, and while two pair / sets / straights are not very likely, they are without a doubt possibilities.

[/ QUOTE ]

A queen or jack high flush is much more likely than the others. I don't think even Gold is loose enough to be limping utg with hands like 72s or 94s (unless the 72 game is on), but he likely would play any Qxs.

Edit: I also think double and triple gappers and 42s are a stretch too. Of course when it comes to his hand range, your guess is as good as mine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jamie pretty much has no real starting hand requirements, especially in a limped pot. We've seen him cold call J8o, crappy offsuit aces, and even stuff like 32o. I really don't think it's unreasonable at all to say Jamie is playing literally any two suited here, and while you could also say that his turn raise should be a strong flush more than a weak one, I also don't think this is the case with Jamie. His turn raise size was pretty huge, I don't think he would make that particular raise size with the nut flush. I think his raise is almost always a non not flush simply because the way Jamie thinks. Nut flush = not vulnerable, yet every other flush ranging from the second nuts to the nut low needs to be protected, because if another spade falls Jamie will think it killed his hand, regardless of the action. He is scared to get to the river and not know where he is at, which is why he tends to freeze up and check marginal hands that are extremely likely the best hand. When he has nothing, in his mind his decision is pretty straightforward, either try to bluff or give up. When he has a strong hand, (ie two pair +) he has another pretty easy decision, bet. His turn play in this hand is a good example of what I mean to a degree. He wants to avoid those tough river decisions, so he decides to raise big hoping to end the hand before the river where a card could likely fall that will put him in an uncomfortable spot.

Hope that made sense. Playing donkaments and running bad so if it doesn't I blame that.