View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Does poker consume your life?

1. Buy an alarm clock.
2. Set if for 2 hours when you start.
3. When it goes off, no more poker for the day.

You can make a pretty god damn good amount of money playing 2 hours a day at decent limits.

Then you just don't play for the rest of the day. And if this 2 hrs is before your bonehead bad play, you finish the day up most of the time and life is sweet for the rest of the day.

That's what I do (tho not high stakes yet, still good money tho - but not 275K you BASTARD! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] )

P.S. I hope you are smart enough to withdraw like 150k, invest it and consider it not part of your roll anymore. This will give you a very nice head start to financial security for the rest of your life (and don't believe that there is no way you can bust it all one day, unless it is more than like 50 buy-ins, in which case, you can withdraw and invest [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] )

[ QUOTE ]
If you quit poker today and invested all of your money, when you retire at 65ish you will have an obscene amount.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true. Compound interest will turn this into a SICK amount of money. I doubt you will really grasp this unfortunately. Hopefully you get at least a part of it.