View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 03:04 PM

Default Re: 3 Gripes About PokerStars

It is all about being upfront or being semi-con scam:

1 - You're right. But who cares what they call it? Freeroll, FPP-roll, whatever. You ought to be able to figure out what you're getting.

Yes, so if McDonald's advertises FREE BIG MACs and when you go to get your free Big Mac you find out it costs a dollar, well you should just accept that because they can call them $1 Big Macs, or Almost Free Big Macs or whatever, right? Don't piss down my back and tell me it is raining, and then tell me I should be happy because I am able to figure out that it is not rain.

2 - "Bonuses" require play to clear them. So in my opinion, it is precisely a "bonus" that you are purchasing. Sure, I'd prefer cash straight into my account, but I'll take a bonus over having to sell stuff on eBay.

True, bonuses require play to clear them. This is not a bonus, it is a purchase. You are purchasing the cash. And the cost of the cash is not clearly stated because they do not include the play thru. If you purchase an IPOD, how many hands do you have to play before it is shipped? If you are indeed purchasing a "bonus", then say that -- X FPPs for a bonus requiring Y hands. Not just X FPPs for CASH.

3- LOL DONKAMENTS. So I outlast 9975 players getting an entry into another DONKAMENT. So I outlast 9950 more players again. Almost get to final table the second time, 19,000 players eat my dust. Payoff for 4 hours of play? Two bucks and change. Thanks, glad I generate all that rake to earn the right to play this.