View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007, 11:51 PM

Default Re: Good or Bad AA play? NL10

Ok here is what I was thinking on this hand:

Preflop - standard preflop 3 bet at this table was $.7 so I went along with it because I was worried about the initial raiser folding. Looking back on it, trying not to be results oriented, I agree that I should have bumped it up to ~ $1.

Flop - On almost all other boards I would definately put in around a 1/2 to 3/4 pot size bet (hopefully thats right?). This was clearly a very good flop for me. I figured due to his raise preflop he either had a middle pocket pair or two high cards. Besides the 7 I was really not afraid of any hand, because it would require a either two outer or running cards. In short, I bet small because I wanted to keep him around. But now I also agree that I should have bet more here(because he would be calling a bigger bet anyway).

Turn - I should bet more here to get more money into the pot, I know. But I lost control of the hand when he raised me. I figured it just to be 99 or TT raising because the villain thought that hand was good. Looking back at it now, I feel the best line would have been to minraise his raise. I know people dont like minraises but I think this would give me a lot of information. If he goes over the top of my raise I can easily lay down the hand. Also, I could most likely check down the river if he only called. Again, I agree I should have bet more initially.

River - I definately got a little lost here. I figured the chance of him having a set or a 7 was lower then 50%, making the call profitable. Looking back on it, the way he played it sort of indicates he would have greater then a pair. I don't believe folding strong hands is one of my weaknesses, like many microstakes players, but I didn't think folding pocket aces here was profitable. It is clearly close.

Please critique my thinking as I am definately only starting to grasp some major concepts in poker. Thanks to those who have replied.