View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 10:18 AM

Default Re: Turning 35, or Starting the Back 9

[ QUOTE ]
Haha, no play for Mr. Gray!

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope you had a good laugh with that. What happened to that whole respect your elders thing! Damn Kids. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Solo, I have not doubt you are "ahead of the curve" with a lot of things. One thing I guess I would add would be that I think it is OK to be young and do things that young people do, like party and be a bit wild. Some of that is part of being young and only needing to really answer to yourself. Ya, a person may have to answer to mom and dad, I am talking about a wife or kids to answer to.

I guess that is what I am talking about too as far as others before me as I got older. I am really talking about other people I am responsible for. I used to only have to answer to me if I screwed up. Now it effects my family (wife and kids). Here is an example. I got into a bit of trouble a few years ago. Nothing big or really horrible but it meant that the sherrif had to come to my house and ask me to come down to the station to talk. I remember the look in my boys eyes after I got home. He was 8 at the time and really frightened. Later, I had to promise him that I would never ever do anything to make him worry like that again. I want to clairfy this this was a hunting thing and it was really just the fish cops I was in trouble with, not real cops. It was also over something I didn't even do myself but got sucked into a friends mess.

Anyway, that is really what I mean but putting others first. Kids need shoes so they get new shoes and I do not get something I want and would have bought if the kids didn't need shoes. That sort of thing.

I do also care more about other in general as well but that really wasn't what I was getting at. I have always cared about my fellow man and all of that but it wasn't really what I was shooting for.