View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: High Stakes Poker thread (11/5 - 500k buyin - Spoilers expected)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

how about this reasoning. gold raised 100k to keep doyle from drawing with his pair of aces with the nut flush draw? doesn't that fit in better with gold's routine thinking? doyle, i think, simply gave gold too much credit in that hand. i think that is why barry describes him as tilting over the hand. because he believed after the hand that he should have called.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if Gold thinks Doyle has a pair with the nut flush draw, what kind of hand can Gold possible have? Are you saying here is that Gold is prepared to play for his entire stack with any hand that is better than a pair of aces with the nut flush draw? He is a fish but not a complete idiot. Gold thought he was super-strong and made it very obvious - he would not feel that way with a pair or trips even, not with 3 spades on the board in a multi-way pot. In my mind Doyle had the choice to make a marginal call, risking his entire stack or wait for a better spot. I suspect it is because of this kind of reasoning Doyle has had such long-term success. If you push to hard in those marginal spots the variance can break you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly. Well said.