View Single Post
Old 10-10-2006, 01:12 PM

Default Re: Live 15/30 top set hand

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
at what point do you put him on 65 and slow down?

[/ QUOTE ]

6-5 or A-5

He could also be going wild here with a smaller set he slowplayed or spiked, or (less likely) a PP, or maybe even A-4 (is there a 2-flush on the board)? And, you've got some outs to beat a straight. So, I wouldn't mind putting 3 more bets in total (UI). Dumb question: Is it a 5- or 4-bet cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

No cap HU; 5-bet cap multiway. I think the turn card was the same suit as the queen so there was now a flush draw possible but I discounted the possibility of any flush draw other than 32s (i.e. 2 pair with the flush draw) since people in that game seemed to be too passive to put in that much action with a draw. Of course, this guy could've been the exception. I felt a lower set or straight were the most likely holdings for him when he instantly 4bet but wasn't too confident in that read as he'd just sat down and I don't have enough limit experience to have a good feel for what an unknown is capable of.

Anyway, I called the 4bet (instantly regretting it) and a 6 hit the river (no flush). He bet again and I just called. I was going to (obviously) raise a board-pairing river and possibly (like 50% likely if it felt right) any non-A,5,6 river as well, calling a 3-bet if that happened. I was also going to bet any river if checked to and make a decision if checkraised based on the card and whatever felt right (probably calling a lot of the time). Good/bad river plan?