View Single Post
Old 09-24-2007, 02:39 PM

Default Re: Range, Equity, Maximize

[ QUOTE ]
I am curious what you (and others) think about how it applies to tournaments (having said that, I haven't gotten up to the "planning for commitment" chapter yet).

[/ QUOTE ]

The application to tournaments is there, but hard to fine IMO.

The REM part is great PF A/I decisions. I think it is also great for flop A/I decisions as well.

I feel like the SPR and "planning around committment" parts are good for tournaments, but not exactly in the way the book explains. For example, in a cash game you might have a target SPR of 7 with AA. Well, in tournaments stacks are often so shallow that any PF raise that gets one caller gets you and SPR of 7.

However, in tournaments and SPR of 7 is not equivalent to an SPR of 7 in a cash game.

In cash games bets tend to be around the size of the pot. In tournaments, bets tend to be around 1/2 the size of the pot. So it seems to me that target SPRs should be adjusted for tournaments to assume you are makign 1/2 to 3/4 the pot sized bets. Maybe 3/4 on the flop, 1/2 on the turn and 1/2-1/4 on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
Also, speaking of math, this pushbot chart issue has been coming up a bit on the forums. Any comments/criticisms/general warnings RE: the chart?

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gone for a while and may have missed it. Link?

Sherman