Thread: Chess books?
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 12:23 AM

Default Re: Chess books?

[ QUOTE ]
yeah yeah tactics...i mean this aint blitz,but in real game u win games with positional advantage

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont believe its the case. Almost every game is decided by tactical superiority of one player (at least below GM level). I cant proof that as I dont have any statistical data (and it would be difficult to analyze this anyway). Its just my opinion as a chess fan (I still watch major tournaments regularly and play sometimes but only on the net).

[ QUOTE ]
for last,the trust me was for:....yeah im right just tell me better books to send him on the right path..
the book i said ARE in the best categories to learn the right way...prove me wrong....

[/ QUOTE ]

I think any book with tactical excersises is better choice for a beginner than any other book mentioned but I agree that the books you listed are very best from their categories (with the exception of "My System", also I dont have opinion about pawn structure chess as I didnt read that book).

[ QUOTE ]
u still have no suggestion..and pwn structure is so good since once u know this book(if u red it??),it all comes down to the same (around 10?)scheme of what plan u need to attain in the opening to have a good game

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont believe in "understanding" in the openings. You gotta play games, see games and learn some moves by heart. There is no otehr way around. Its of course only my opinion (but not only mine).
To book I would add book by Alex Yermolinsky which I think are great, especially "The road to chess improvment" which I think is really great (unfortunately not taht basic).

[ QUOTE ]
i just hope your not considering ICC rating in blizt as a real elo....probably not but just making sure...

[/ QUOTE ]

No I dont... (and my ICC rating is pretty pathetic these days.. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] ).