View Single Post
Old 06-11-2007, 08:19 AM

Default Re: 50NL- JJ OOP Street By Street

[ QUOTE ]
If you now think he will only call with a better hand, and still think he will only bet his strong hands then c/f to any reasonable bet is best.

[/ QUOTE ]My only problem is that I don't know if what he considers "strong" beats me.

Arg, so I checked not sure what I was going to do if he bet, but thankfully he checked behind. River was the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], which I again checked, planning to call this time (because while the flush got there, most of the hands he'd get there with contain the A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], which we know he doesn't have).

After seeing the results I was kind of conflicted, wondering if I could have gotten more value. I hate how lost I felt on the turn. However, I also tell myself that winning a pot of 77 big blinds with just an overpair ain't bad.

Poker Stars
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.25/$0.50
7 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $98.20
UTG+1: $56.70
MP1: $9
CO: $30.90
Button: $23.65
Hero: $52.45
BB: $10

Pre-flop: (7 players) Hero is SB with J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 raises to $2</font>, 2 folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB folds, UTG calls.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($8.5, 4 players)
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">UTG+1 bets $5.5</font>, Button folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $15</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($38.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

River: A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($38.5, 2 players)
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks.

Results:
Final pot: $38.5
Hero showed Js Jc
UTG+1 mucks 7c 7s

I'm still not sure I like how I played this hand. I also don't know how much of a difference raising pre would have made. He would have def. called with his pair and I'd have led out on the flop, which he also would have called. On the turn I'd still be a little lost, but I'd probably be more certain that he didn't have KK+ since I would have expected him to re-pop pre. He'd also have less information about my hand given that I wouldn't have c/r him so if I checked the turn he probably would have bet. It's hard to say which line would have gotten more money in the pot, but raising pre probably would have made the hand easier to play.