Thread: INS marriages
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2007, 10:12 AM

Default Re: INS marriages

[ QUOTE ]
people who marry for the sole purpose of gaining entrance to this country are scumbags in my book.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you actually have a better reason for this than 'because it makes it more difficult for people who really love each other, like me and my wife'? I mean I see where you're coming from, but I find that argument incredibly selfish and shortsighted. How can you blame somebody for taking that option?

Why does your wife deserve to be in the US more than someone who isn't in love with a US citizen? Is there a divine law that says you have to be in love to be married? (don't be a smartass and say 'yes')

I'm not happy with the way the concept of 'citizenship' works in general. I could also point out that most people in the US are descendants of immigrants from the relatively recent past. I also seem to recall that you're Mexican, so in your case we're probably talking the last century.

Who are you (or anyone) to decide who deserves to be a citizen/have a green card? If your answer is 'well it's illegal to do xyz', why do you so vehemently believe that law is just?