View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:38 AM

Default Re: Why TAG is wrong - or - help me sort my brain out

[ QUOTE ]

3) Because of (2) your opponents are then free to fold when they have not improved; because of (1) this is not a mistake. You therefore get minimum money in the pot when you are winning.

[/ QUOTE ]

They are free to fold but they are physically incapable of it. If you bet and they fold, it is because they had four high.

[ QUOTE ]

4) Your opponents can call, raise, check-raise etc. at will when they hit. You therefore put maximum money in when you are losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is true that they have options, but your ability to read their hands based upon which of these options they choose will allow you to minimize the damage by folding, taking free cards, etc--not maximize it. This analysis is probably only true in the specific circumstance where you have a strong hand and they just happen to have a stronger one.

[ QUOTE ]

Well, that's the way it feels when I look back over my hands. Over and over I win the blinds preflop or take the pot on the flop when I have something; and get taken for a multiple bet ride on multiple streets when I am second best.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the definition of running bad. Better luck!

Cartman